Adapting Our Knowledge to Empower Change
The 2016 Northern Ontario First Nations Environment Conference took place on October 4 to 6, 2016 at the Best Western Plus Nor'wester Hotel and Conference Centre in Thunder Bay, Ontario. The NOFNEC 2016 Planning Committee would like to thank our generous funders and sponsors for their continued support, and the speakers and tradeshow and poster exhibitors for sharing their knowledge and expertise. Most importantly, we would like to thank the delegates for coming from across Ontario and Canada to join us. Your participation is the reason this conference has been such a resounding success over the years.
- An excellent learning/training opportunity
- An invaluable networking opportunity
- A chance to learn new skills and develop new ideas
You should attend NOFNEC if you are a:
- First Nation Environment professional
- First Nation Land Use Planning professional
- First Nation Resource Developer
- First Nation Operations and Maintenance professional
- Chief or Council Member
- First Nation Tribal Council Technical and Advisory Program Staff
- Government representative and/or funder
- Industry representative
Even as NOFNEC 2016 is being wrapped up, plans are underway for the next year’s event. If you have any ideas for workshop topics, speakers, or posters, speak to your Tribal Council representative or contact The Ad/Venture Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you are an environmental professional, a sponsor, or an exhibitor, be sure to check back regularily for information on how to register and participate in NOFNEC 2017.